Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Post

There's a lot of procrastination that goes into the first post.  That being said it goes without saying that the time I've been sitting in the library has been spent completing everything on my "to do" list until this is the only thing left to work on.  But I believe that not only long nights come out of ample amounts of procrastination but also ideas!

One idea I would eventually like to try is creating filters that would allow me to separate the red, green, and blue components of the photo and being able to look at each of the layers.  With no cs background this ought to be interesting.  Hannah already has a good start on a code that I think would be really helpful for this idea so I will have to consult her.

I would also like to try to combine three photos and make a sort of military desert scene.  I would prefer to use my own photos so since I have already taken pictures of my dad's plane, I was trying to think of a photo I might have taken that could be a good substitute for a desert.  And lo and behold procrastination paid off! The song Badlands by Bruce Springsteen came on my iPod and it was pure inspiration! I have taken pictures at the Badland National Park in South Dakota and it not only looks like a desert but a completely different planet. I'll fool around with this idea a bit and see where it gets me.

1 comment:

  1. Talk to Hannah -- having someone to talk things through with is helpful.
    One caution on using your own photos (in general a great idea): resize them before you start. They are probably large and JES, as well as our approaches, tend to be slow.

    Any update -- any images of "fooling around"?

    ReplyDelete